Olivia Sanwong Files to Run for Zone 7 Water Board
Pleasanton, CA – Olivia Sanwong is a candidate for the Board of Directors of the Zone 7 Water and Flood Control District.
“Protecting our water supply and maintaining our flood control systems are vital to upholding our quality of life,” said Olivia Sanwong. “My plan to achieve this is straightforward: responsible fiduciary oversight, diversification of our water supply, and advocating for better communication between Zone 7 and you.”
- Zone 7 Director Angela Ramirez Holmes
- Alameda County Supervisors Scott Haggerty and Nate Miley
- Dublin Mayor David Haubert, Vice Mayor Melissa Hernandez, and City Council Member Abe Gupta
- Livermore City Council Member Bob Coomber
- Pleasanton Mayor Jerry Thorne, Vice Mayor Arne Olson, and the entire City Council – Karla Brown, Kathy Narum, Jerry Pentin
- DSRSD President Georgean Vonheeder-Leopold
- East Bay Regional Park District Director Ayn Wieskamp
- Dublin School Board Trustees Amy Miller and Megan Rouse
- Pleasanton School Board Trustees Joan Laursen and Steve Maher
- The Independent Newspaper - serving Dublin, Livermore, and Pleasanton
- The Pleasanton Weekly
- The Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce BACPAC
- Alameda County Democratic Party Central Committee
- Asian Pacific American Democratic Caucus of Alameda County
- Tri-Valley Democratic Party Club
“Olivia’s analytical and mathematics expertise will be a valuable asset for the Zone 7 board – she will be able to understand the complexities of Zone 7 financial documents, ask relevant questions, and make logical decisions. For these reasons I support Olivia Sanwong for Zone 7,” said Dublin Vice Mayor Melissa Hernandez.
Raised in the Tri-Valley, Sanwong has a long history of public service to the community. She currently serves on the City of Pleasanton's Economic Vitality Committee, East Bay Regional Park District’s Park Advisory Board and Finance Committee, and Congressman Eric Swalwell’s Women’s Advisory Committee. Sanwong is also a member of The Rotary Club of Pleasanton. The Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce Foundation recently recognized her leadership and service to the community when she received the 2017 Jenny Doehle Leadership Pleasanton Award.
Professionally, Sanwong works as a Global Market Research Analyst at a Biotechnology firm. She holds an MBA from the Simmons School of Management and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics from University of California, Los Angeles.
Campaign contributions can be donated online here or mail check to:
Olivia Sanwong for Zone 7 Director 2018
414 Division Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Thank you for your support!
*Lake Del Valle photo credit: Chuck Deckert